Almost 30 years ago, in 1985, Circulon revolutionized the industry by introducing the first hard-anodized non-stick cookware and the TOTAL Non-Stick System of circles. When Circulon was first introduced, the system was so effective in extending the durability of non-stick cookware, the pans were proven to be at least three times more abrasion resistant than any other non-stick cookware on the market. The success and innovation of the system garnered a patent from the US government. The hallmark of Circulon is its visionary TOTAL Non-Stick system. This patented system features a series of raised non-stick circles on the pan surface that reduce the amount of non-stick in contact with cooking utensils, minimizing surface abrasion and maximizing durability.
Images from the US patent publication, September 6, 1988.
Top quality DuPont Autograph non-stick delivers exceptional food release that reduces the need for oils and fats – resulting in healthy meals. Metal utensil safe, Circulon gourmet cookware offers a healthy cooking solution that is guaranteed to deliver long lasting non-stick performance. Circulon has since grown to become the best-selling brand of gourmet non-stick cookware in the world. Over the years, the brand has pioneered a series of innovative cooking solutions designed to improve the everyday culinary experience of the home chef, including:
- The first hard-anodized non-stick cookware
- The first hard-anodized cookware with a color exterior
- A durable non-stick system on stainless steel
- Hard-anodized electric cookware
- The “Toss & Turn” chef’s pan
- Splatter-free cooking shields
- Easy-straining colander lids
- The first hard-anodized cookware that is completely dishwasher safe
- The first hard-anodized cookware that is suitable for all stovetops, including induction