Chicken and Avocado BLT Rice Bowl with Pesto Ranch Dressing
By Nicole Cook
It’s like a BLT in a bowl – this easy-to-make rice bowl is filled with bacon, grilled chicken and avocado and tossed with a zesty pesto ranch dressing.
- 3 cups white rice cooked
- 1 cup fresh spinach cooked and/or wilted
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 cups grilled chicken sliced
- 1 medium avocado sliced or chopped
- 5 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- Pesto Ranch Dressing
- 3 tbsp prepared basil pesto
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh chives
- To make the ranch dressing, place all ingredients for the dressing in a blender and process thoroughly.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice and the Pesto Ranch Dressing. Toss well to combine.
- Mix in the wilted spinach, onion and tomatoes.
- When ready to serve, spoon the rice mixture into a bowl.
- Top with bacon, grilled chicken and avocado.
Recipe developed by food blogger, Nicole Cook, of Daily Dish Recipes